A snack that boosts your energy instead of draining it, a treat that looks like truffles and tastes like a decadent indulgence - these power balls are flour-free, sugar-free and packed with protein and healthy fats.
- 1/2 cup almonds + 15 almonds reserved
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- a pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp maca powder
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water + more if necessary
- Add 1/2 cup almonds, walnuts and salt to food processor. Blend till very fine to the texture of sand.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend again, until mixture begins to thicken and stick together.
- Check texture by pinching a bit between your fingers. It should be sticky and able to keep its shape. If mixture is too dry, add more water.
- Pour mixture in a bowl. Shape mixture with your hands into mini golf balls. Place 1 almond in the center. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.