This is an Instant Pot recipe from Serious Eats my husband made for my daughter while I was away and became her all-time favorite Instant Pot chicken dish. 3 main ingredients , that's it!
- 3-4 lbs. chicken thighs or drumsticks with bones
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 large potatoes (Yukon or Russet), cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 2 bay leaves
- Rub chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Switch Instant Pot to saute function, When hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Saute onion for a few minutes. Add chicken pieces and brown for a few more minutes.
Turn off Instant Pot. Combine potatoes, tomatoes, bay leaves, and a large pinch of salt. Seal lid and cook under high pressure for 25 minutes. Release pressure, remove lid, season to taste and serve.