This hearty salad reminds me of the deep vibrant colors of the Fall season. Delicious and beautiful to look at!!
- 1/2 head small red cabbage
- 1 raw beet, scrubbed
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 pear
- salad greens (preferably arugula)
- toasted walnuts and pistachios
- fresh pomegranates, dried cranberries or raisins
- Julienne red cabbage, beets, carrots and pears.
- Combine with greens, walnuts and pomegranates or dried fruits.
- To make the dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 Tbs apple cider vinegar, 1/8 cup umeboshi vinegar, 1 Tbs tamari and 1 Tbs maple syrup.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.