- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick chunks 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or combination of broth and water) 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional) 1 pound whole grain penne pasta (or gluten free pasta of your choice)
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can tomato paste salt and pepper to taste
- Switch Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. When hot, put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add zucchini, a sprinkle salt and brown for a few minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add I more tablespoon of olive oil, throw in onion, shallot and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Mix in oregano and basil. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with sherry wine, add broth, tamari, fish sauce (if used).
- Pour in (dry, uncooked) pasta, stir in tomato paste. Make sure pasta is submerged in the sauce completely. If not, add more water.
- Close the lid. Switch Instant Pot to Manual Mode and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure. When 4 minutes is up, wait 5 minutes and use the quick release method to de-pressurize.
- Open the lid. If the pasta is too al dente, close the lid and leave it in the pot for a few extra minutes.
- Stir in zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
BUY AN INSTANT POT HERE
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1-2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 cups jasmine brown rice
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth or water
- Marinade chicken and mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt, ginger, tamari, sesame oil and maple syrup. (The longer you marinade the chicken for, the more flavorful it is. But if you don't have time, add more tamari at the end when it is done cooking.)
- Pour rice into Instant Pot, add broth or water.
- Mix in marinated chicken and mushrooms.
- Switch Instant Pot to Manual Mode and cook for 22 minutes at high pressure.
- When 22 minutes is up, let the pressure come down naturally.
- Open the lid. Stir and mix. Season to taste with tamari or salt.
BUY AN INSTANT POT HERE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups dry brown or green lentils
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable broth (or combination of water and broth)
- Vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- Switch Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. When the pot is warm, add olive oil, sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for a few minutes.
- Put in oregano, basil and bay leaves. Stir and mix well.
- Put in lentils and tomatoes.
- Add broth or a combination of broth and water. Stir and mix.
- Close the lid. Switch Instant Pot to Manual Mode. Put it on for 12 minutes at high pressure.
- When 12 minutes is up, use the quick release method to de- pressurize immediately.
- Open the lid. Add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Throw in spinach or favorite greens to serve.