- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1-2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 cups jasmine brown rice
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth or water
- Marinade chicken and mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt, ginger, tamari, sesame oil and maple syrup. (The longer you marinade the chicken for, the more flavorful it is. But if you don't have time, add more tamari at the end when it is done cooking.)
- Pour rice into Instant Pot, add broth or water.
- Mix in marinated chicken and mushrooms.
- Switch Instant Pot to Manual Mode and cook for 22 minutes at high pressure.
- When 22 minutes is up, let the pressure come down naturally.
- Open the lid. Stir and mix. Season to taste with tamari or salt.