If you love noodles but fear carb , here is a perfectly satisfying "noodle-less" noodle-like dish for you.
- 1 lb ground pork (or other ground meat) marinated with salt, tamari, white pepper and sesame oil.
- 1 small head of cabbage, sliced into flat noodle like thickness.
- In a large pan, add pork, break it up with a spatula and let it brown a little.
- Add cabbage. Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how "al dente" you like your cabbage to be. Add salt to taste. If there is excess water, cook uncovered for a few extra minutes.
Pad Thai sauce:
- Combine 6 Tbsp of almond or peanut butter, juice of 1 lime, 2 Tbsp of tamari, 3 Tbsp of sesame oil, 3 Tbsp of water.
- Pour sauce over cabbage mix, serve with sesame seeds, ground peanuts, scallions, cilantro, lime wedges and favorite hot sauce.