Vegan Kale Pesto Recipe:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick chunks 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or combination of broth and water) 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional) 1 pound whole grain penne pasta (or gluten free pasta of your choice)
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can tomato paste salt and pepper to taste
- Switch Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. When hot, put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add zucchini, a sprinkle salt and brown for a few minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add I more tablespoon of olive oil, throw in onion, shallot and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Mix in oregano and basil. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with sherry wine, add broth, tamari, fish sauce (if used).
- Pour in (dry, uncooked) pasta, stir in tomato paste. Make sure pasta is submerged in the sauce completely. If not, add more water.
- Close the lid. Switch Instant Pot to Manual Mode and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure. When 4 minutes is up, wait 5 minutes and use the quick release method to de-pressurize.
- Open the lid. If the pasta is too al dente, close the lid and leave it in the pot for a few extra minutes.
- Stir in zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
BUY AN INSTANT POT HERE